Today I have a very special guest Rin from Sew in Love. I started following Rin’s blog a couple of years ago. I was fascinated by her Japanese sewing style and was lucky enough to win A Feminine Wardrobe a gorgeous Japanese sewing book through her blog.
Little did I know that Rin (who was born in Japan and grew up in Australia) was working on a project to make Japanese patterns accessible to non-Japanese speakers. A few weeks ago I was flattered to preview her new ebook How to Sew Japanese Sewing Patterns. I will now let Rin tell you the rest!
Hi everyone. My name is Rin and I am visiting today from my sewing blog, Sew in Love.
Silvia and I met through our appreciation of Japanese sewing pattern books. Are you familiar with them? They are beautifully presented with gorgeous photography and styling. They also come with step-by-step sewing instructions and detailed illustrations. The only problem – it’s all in Japanese!
It’s been a long standing dream of mine to write a guide helping non-Japanese speakers to enjoy Japanese sewing patterns. After many months of work, I’ve finally launched my ebook, How to Sew Japanese Sewing Patterns ($15), available from www.japanesesewingpatterns.com.
It’s designed to help you quickly and successfully create the amazing designs Japanese sewing books have to offer – even if you don’t speak Japanese!
- 18+ diagrams and photos guides you step-by-step through the entire Japanese sewing process
- Reference tables helps you to instantly translate Japanese sewing terms into English
- Conversion charts for Japanese to Western clothing sizes for women’s, men’s and children’s clothing
- 38 pages of valuable information for your ongoing future reference
- Suitable for all levels of sewing experience
Everyone seems to like the full package ($25), which includes this ebook as well as:
- TWO print-at-home Japanese sewing patterns
- In-depth, step-by-step instructions with 15+ diagrams; just like a real Japanese sewing book
- Full English translations
- Learn as you sew; English sewing tutorials with 18+ photos
This package provides everything you need to build your confidence using Japanese sewing patterns.
There is one free package worth $25 up for grabs. Competition closes 31 August 2013. To enter, simply:
- Leave a comment on this blog post, below.
- For additional entry, please tweet this competition using this link.
Thanks for letting me visit and talk about my new ebook. I really hope that it’s a useful resource for sewing lovers. Please come say hi at Sew in Love to check out my latest sewing adventures.
Good luck to all of you and have a great weekend!